Responsibility


So...my mom left.  Not forever, course not!  Not even for a very long time.  Just three weeks.  She went to Spain.

And I was left at home as the lady-in-charge of the house.  My dad was still here of course, but he works in his office during the day, so a lot of the responsibilities necessary to keep this house rolling fell on me.

Thankfully I have an awesome team of siblings who helped out in so many ways.  Without them, I would have been toast.  Literally.  Probably would have burned myself.

Nevertheless, there have still been many moments when I felt tremendous pressure on my shoulders to get stuff done and remember what I was supposed to do.  Being a mom is so much more than cooking meals and folding laundry, though you do do a lot of that too.

I have had to fix countless hairdos, give lots of advice, spend time reading and playing and wearing myself down silly to entertain the younger children.  Ive had to make plans for the day, remember to feed and bathe everyone on time, insure everyone got dressed, brushed, school done, ect.  The list goes on.

So...do I think I'm ready to be a mom?

Short answer: No.

Slightly longer answer: No one ever is.

You see, we can never really know if we'll be good at something till we try it.  And we can't be afraid to take that step, worried we'll mess up.  Cause we will most certainly mess up.  But that doesn't mean we are a failure.  It just means we're learning.

These past days without mom have been a stretch for me.  And I'm learning to be responsible.  Not just for myself, but for others.  For a household.

And I think, with God's help and my future husband's, I could manage pretty well.
Well, I could at least survive to live another day.

This isn't really tied to responsibility, but I just have to say: My family is the awesomest!  They are so full of joy and willingness and love.  I wouldn't trade them for the world.  And I hope they know it.

This was kinda a random post.  But it's what my life is right now.  So in that case, it's not random at all.

I wonder how long till I have my own house to take care of?
Can't wait!

Future thoughts.



Comments