A Farewell to Socks





Goodbye green socks.  It's time for you to go. I've others socks to wear and it's time to say farewell. 

You were one of my favorite pairs.  I treasured you at first, saving you for special occasions.  Then I wore you every other day, finding a way to make you match my outfit...or just not caring at all. 

I still remember the first day I saw you, pulled you from my stocking one Christmas morning.  I think I knew even then that you would become one of my favorite pair of socks.  Back then my feet were a little smaller but I stretched you on as long as I could.  Too bad we have to grow up and move on.  

As I wore you I watched you wear away.  The knit grew thinner and small holes stretched.  I knew the day was coming soon when I would say goodbye.  

Thanks for being dependable.  I know whenever I think of you I'll find fond memories.

Comments